As per Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department, Government of Gujarat has decided to issue new bar coded Ration Cards. Now, Directorate of Food & Civil Suppliers (DFCS) intends to scan the applications received from the card holders, printing of bar-coded ration card and capture the photos and thumb impression of at least one member of the card holder’s family who could be minimum 15 years old at the time of distribution of the new bar coded ration cards. The objective of issue of new ration card is to eliminate the duplicate & bogus ration cards and cover all eligible beneficiaries in the state of Gujarat.
|District||Total Taluk||Total FPS||Total No of Cards|
Scope Of Work :
Activities at Mamlatdar Offices:
- Fair Price Shop (FPS) wise, the SP will make the entry of the ration card category in the software provided by NIC as per Mamlatdar/Zonal officer’s decision recorded in application Form no. 1 for each applicant.
- In addition, the SP will be carryout scanning of the application Form no.1. SP shall be responsible to scan the application forms. In addition the scanning of application form SP shall be responsible to make correction/or correctly enter the names of all the family members in English on Server as per NIC format.
- As per prescribed color code, SP is required to take a print out on colored A5 size page to be provided by the Mamlatdar/Zonal office. Before the printing of the aforesaid page, SP will make entry of the booklet no. of the title cover page of the relevant card category. Thereafter, SP has to carry out the stapling of the title page of the booklet, printed sheet as above & other pre-printed sheets & prepare the Bar-coded Ration Card booklet.
In respect of the given FPS, the above activities should be done Category wise i.e. APL, BPL, Antyoday etc. SP has to use his own IT infrastructure for carrying out above activities. Only space, connectivity and electricity will be provided by the respective Mamlatdar/Zonal office.
Activities to be done at field level for distribution of ration cards and capturing photo & fingerprints of card holders:
- After successfully carrying out the above specified activities, for each FPS area and as per the pre-determined distribution programme finalized in consultation with the Mamlatdar/ Zonal office, the SP shall have to start the capturing photos, fingerprints of the card holder’s family members (minimum 1 and must be 15 years of age or older) & distribution of ration cards.
- SP has to plan in consultation with Mamlatdar/zonal office for distribution activities with at least three distribution teams each consist of members of SP and Dy. Mamlatdar in each Taluka/Zonal Office.
- SP is responsible to arrange for required IT infrastructure like laptop with enough battery backup and storage, web camera (JPG 2000 format), Finger print reader device of the following specifications for carrying out above activities. While the required software for capturing of bio-metrics and photo will be provided by NIC.
Bio-matirx Device ( FP- Device) ISO 19794-4 and 19794-2 ( with Libraries) NITGEN, Hamster DX, Model HFDU06 SECUGEN, Model HFDU02R WEB CAMERA- Standard Digital Web Camera with software Logitech, Web Cam C100
During the distribution of the Bar-coded Ration cards following activities are to be carried out simultaneously.
- Dy. Mamlatdar will do the cross verification of the family members of card holders by matching the details from any existing photo identity such as Election Photo ID Card (EPIC), driving licenses etc.
- After verification, SP would capture photo (up to shoulder with easily identifiable mode) and finger prints of min. four fingers (2 thumbs and 2 last fingers) of all the members of the family who are present and are above 15 years of age. In case, system will not accept the thumbs impression and/or last fingers then take another two from last fingers and so on. Finger print image has to be stored in JPEG format.
- To establish the genuineness of the bio-metric and photographic data of each of the person so captured, the same would be authenticated by the Deputy Mamlatdar present by using his own bio-metric data which would be pre-installed in the software/database provided by the NIC.
- Before putting the office seal and signing the Bar Coded ration card, the Deputy Mamlatdar will tick mark the name(s) in the person list in the pre-printed new Bar Coded Ration card booklet against the name of the persons whose biometric data has been successfully captured and duly authenticated.
- Thereafter, the Dy Mamlatdar will collect the old ration card and hand over the new bar-coded ration card to the beneficiary and in lieu of the take signature/ thumb impression of the card holder in the Card issue register as an acknowledgement.
Uploading of the database:
- After returning back to the Mamlatdar/Zonal office, SP shall be responsible to upload the bio-metric database of the family members of the card holder(s) of the said FPS area from Mamlatdar/Zonal Office to the central server through GSWAN. SP has to use their own IT infrastructure for carrying out above activities. Only space, electricity and GSWAN connectivity will be provided by Mamlatdar/Zonal Office.
- It is to be ensured that after uploading of the database on the Central server, SP must delete the database from their own machine(s).
Verification of Work:
- 100% verification of data entry of the names of card holder’s family members in English and the card category, scanning & printing shall be done by SP and issue the verification certificate.
- Random verification about 10% of data entry of the names in English and the card category, scanning & printing work will be done by Mamlatdar Office\Zonal Office.
- 100% verification of uploading photo image & finger print image of the member(s) of the card holder’s family for the said FPS area will be done by SP.
- 100% verification of uploaded database will be done by Mamlatdar Office\Zonal Office based on the report of provided by NIC.